Family Support Worker
At Stocksfield Avenue Primary we have 2 part time Family and Student Support Workers (FSSW) Lynsey McMenzie and Sam Dixon.
Their role in school is to provide support, advice and information to families. They can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. They are also here as just someone to talk to!
Laura or Sam can meet with families at home or School. All support is confidential and impartial. They may not have all the answers, but hopefully they can help you work out how to find them!
Support could include
• Linking with school to voice any concerns about your child including attending School meetings with you
• 1:1 support for young people around issues such as self esteem, friendships, bullying, and family breakdown.
• Support for parents/carers to improving behaviour at home and school
• Signposting and help to access to services in Newcastle such as holiday and after school activities
• Support filling in forms e.g. benefits/housing/SEN
• Help for parents/carers with career and personal development and access to training and workshops including in school
Get in touch:
Lynsey is normally based in School on a Monday morning, Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon. Sam is normally based in school on a Tuesday morning , Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. However both can be contacted throughout the week.
Call / text Sam on 07970740991 or leave a message with the School office.